MHPF uses its position on a number of National Forums as a representative body for voluntary and community healthcare providers in the UK.
MHPF acts as a unified voice for its members and ensures that issues and concerns faced by the voluntary mental health care sector are discussed with other care providers and responded to appropriately. Each forum is working towards an improvement in services for mental health and wellbeing throughout the UK.
Currently, MHPF is an influential member of the following partnerships and boards:
- Mental Health Strategic Partnership Board All Party Parliamentary Group for Mental Health (various)
- Public Health England Prevention Alliance
- NHS England Network Leaders Group
- Care Providers Alliance
The CPA brings together all the main representative bodies for independent adult social care providers. MHPF is the Chair for this organisation from October 2013.
- Think Local Act Personal programme board
A national, cross-sector leadership partnership focused on driving forward work in personalisation and community-based care.
- CQC Trade Association
- National Mental Health Housing Forum
- Mental Health Act Code of Practice Steering Group
- Public Health England Mental health and wellbeing advisory group
- Care and Support Reform Programme Board
- Joint Commissioning Panel
A collaboration between seventeen leading organisations, inspiring commissioners to improve mental health services, using a values-based commissioning model.
- Care Quality Commission
Monitoring Mental Health Act Advisory Board
Crisis Care External Reference Panel
Adult Social Care Co-production Group
Public Involvement Forum
- Department of Health National Stakeholder Forum
The National Stakeholder Forum is a group of senior leaders and experts from all parts of the healthcare, social care and public health systems. The Forum aims to provide rapid, frank feedback and early advice on emerging policy. Working with Ministers and the Department of Health, it takes a long-term, strategic view in supporting development and implementation of policies in health and care outcomes for the people of England.
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence
- Ministerial Advisory Group for Mental Health
- Health and Safety Executive
We will be keeping members up to date with the progress of these forums and disseminating any information which might affect the mental health voluntary sector.